Ward 32 Revamp ProjectChris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital (CHBAH)
With the much needed help and support of Studio IDH and M&D Construction group, the kids at Ward 32 will soon have a new bathroom, library and playroom area. Nurses will see the introduction of a new sluice room, locker room, a separate Nurse WC and staff kitchen.
Project Objective & Outreach
This project would not have been possible without the help of Anglo Gold Ashanti, Studio IDH and M&D Construction Group.
We have received a very generous donation of R230 000 from Anglo Gold Ashanti for the Ward 32 project renovation project. We can’t thank you enough!
Designs and plans were drawn-up and sponsored by Studio IDH. We can’t thank you enough for all the hours of work in getting our design and plan together for the ward.
- Studio IDH drew up plans for the ward 32, as no exisiting plans were available
- Studio IDH then drafted the revamp design for the ward to include the nurse WC, locker room and library areas and proposed rework in the staff pause area.
- Studio IDH have provided designs for the play area and continual input on design areas and furnishings.
M&D Construction group provide us with services to be able to embark on a revamp of Ward 32. The project covers retiling, painting and servicing of the:
- Sluice room,
- A separate Nurse WC,
- Patient bathroom; including the installation of a new bath, baby bath and chasing area, patient shower and three new WC’s (2 Junior and 1 for parents)
- A new nurse locker room and coat rack
- The creation of a library and playroom area
- Re-tiling and painting of the staff kitchen
- Building a new store-room
- Partitioning an OM office
- Repainting of the entire ward
- Refurbishing the ward floors.
M&D donated the following services:
- Project management,
- Electrical and Cabling services,
- Plumbing services,
- Carpentry services,
- Painting and rhino-lighting,
- Tiling services.
In addition, M&D supplied the following items to the project:
- Floor & wall tiles,
- All Paint
- Various sanitary-ware items
- Dry-walling and partitioning; and
“Spring Cleaning” of Ward 32
We are delighted to be moving back in and would like to thank everyone involved including “The Mumz with Hearts” for organizing cleaners and helping out themselves.
The ward 32 Incharge Sister, Thuli Khawula, and the Hospital Cleaners, went the extra mile in managing the process and ensuring that our new ward was spotless!